Dinner &Tour at the Jimmy Carter Presidential Library and Museum
A trip to Atlanta cannot be complete without a visit to the Jimmy Carter Presidential Library and Museum. So join us for a fabulous evening as we host the CALIcon16 Thursday Dinner and Tour at the library which houses U.S. President Jimmy Carter's papers and other material relating to the Carter administration and the Carter family's life. The library also hosts special exhibits, such as Carter's Nobel Peace Prize and a full-scale replica of the Oval Office, including a copy of the Resolute Desk.
Dinner is included with your CALIcon16 registration but you do need to sign-up below so we know you're going to be there.
- Buses departs GSU Law School: 5:15pm
- Signage will be posted with boarding directions
- Buses will circulate throughout the evening
- Last bus departs the Jimmy Carter Presidential Library and Museum: 9:00pm
Library & Museum Tour:
The Museum of the Jimmy Carter Library includes photographs and historical memorabilia from the Carter presidency (1976 - 1981). An exact replica of the Oval Office and gifts received by the Carters are also featured. A permanent exhibit of significant events occurring during Jimmy Carter's life and political career includes photographs with interpretative text.
- 5:30pm – 6:00pm
- Hosted Bar
- Soft Drinks, Beers, & Wine (hors d'oeuvres served)
- 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Menu Selection:
- The Southern Bar (Cream Cheese Torte with Mr. Pete's Chutney, Black Eyed Pea Hummas, Classic Pimento Cheese, Flatbreads, Pasta Chips, Gourmet Crackers)
- Crispy Chicken Lollipops with Pecan Mustard
- Sizzling Shrimp and Loganvillie Gouda Grits ( White Cheddar, Andouille Sausage, Onions, Peppers)
- Macaroni and Cheese Bar (three Cheese Mac n' Cheese, Selections of Toppings - Bleu Cheese Crumbles, Diced Tomatoes, Bacon Crumbles)
- Artisian Salad Mix (Seasoned Apples, Candied Walnuts, Shaved Parmesan, Cornbread Croutons + Maple Vinaigrette)
- Sliced Pork Tenderloin on Pretzel Roll with Apple Fig Chutney and Smoked Gouda
- Bourbon Pecan Pie Martinis with Shaved Chocolate
- Individual Fried Peach Pies with Dusted Powder Sugar
Your conference registration includes the reception and dinner, museum tour, transportation. Tickets for guests of conference attendees may be purchased for $35 for adults and $15 for children 5-12 yrs. Children 4 and younger are free. Everyone is required to submit his or her RSVP no later than Friday, June 10.